What is a hanging chair?
A hanging chair is a type of chair that is suspended in the air. They come in a variety of designs, such as the egg-shaped chair, the hanging basket chair, among others. Hanging chairs are comfortable and luxurious, and they make some of the most relaxing seating options.
Depending on the design, a typical hanging chair may or may not have the normal chair parts. However, its most important element is the hanging part.
This is usually a chain or rope. Traditionally, most hanging chairs were fixed to the ceiling or tree branches if found outdoors. Today, many of them are improvised and come with their stands, making it possible for them to be used in a variety of locations.
Who would use hanging chairs?
An indoor swing chair can be used by anyone who wants a comfortable and relaxing seating option. They are particularly popular in bedrooms and balconies. Indoor hanging swing chairs are also great solutions for babies. They are often completely safe and comfortable enough to let 1-year-olds sit or sleep in them.
If you enjoy reading, you should also consider getting an indoor hanging chair for a comfortable reading location. Some indoor hanging seats offer enough space to share comfort and are great for close friends and couples.
Here is a short video that provides some guidance on buying a chair.
The best hanging chair below:
1. Yaheetech Rattan Indoor Outdoor Hanging Egg Chair
- It comes packed separately making it easy to carry and easy to assemble
- The white seat comes with a black iron stand, headrest, and cushion cover making it stylish and comfortable
- This seat supports up to 150kgs making it perfect for both children and adults.
- It comes with a free cover that keeps it clean and withstanding for rain and shine.
2. Greenstell Rattan Wicker Hanging Chair
- This seat is made with high-quality hand-woven material that is smooth and easy to clean.
- It has an ergonomic design with exquisite and fashionable weaving on the eye-catching egg shape.
- It comes with different supports letting you choose your preferred hanging method either from the ceiling or on a stand
- The chair has a variety of colors for the cushions to choose from giving you several stylish options.
3. Santorini Cocoon Hanging Egg Chair
- The chair supports up to 530lbs with enough space to seat 2 people
- It is fitted with removable hard wearing cushions that are washable and fire-resistant
- The hardware is made of maintenance-free wicker making it highly durable.
- It is lightweight enough to be moved around making it perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
4. Yaheetech Hanging Relax Moon Chair
- The seat is made of strong and high-quality PE, polyester, and iron making it strong and sturdy
- Its modern fashionable design decorates and gives your house a touch of elegance
- It comes with a soft cushion giving you high comfort and maximum relaxation
- It is light and easy to assemble so you don’t have to worry about portability
5. COSTWAY Hammock Chair
- It has a simple design made of high-quality canvas and cotton with a deluxe and leisure design
- The seat includes two wooden armrests making it comfortable and safe.
- This hammock chair only weighs 2kgs so you can easily carry it out for outdoor use
- Even with the simple design, it has a big capacity supporting up to 110kgs
6. Blue Cocoon Hanging Egg Chair Swing
- This seat is created of an ingenious concept made from weatherproof Textilene fabric
- The fabric is foldable making it easy to move and store
- The seat’s design comes with a variety of colors – a blue frame, dark grey base, and pole.
- It comes with comfortable pillows
- The frame fabric is see-through.
7. Finether Outdoors Hanging Hammock Chair
- The seat is a perfect indoor swinging chair for your lounge with a high-quality and elegant swing design
- The four-legged steel construction makes it stable and robust that guarantees gentle and easy swaying
- It includes a flexible shade that can be easily rotated and tilted or removed at will.
- The seat has a soft padding and ergonomic shape ensuring a top-notch-zero-gravity experience for maximum well-being.
- Maximum load: 100 kg
8. SMGPYHWYP Transparent Bubble Chair
- This transparent chain chair is made of high-quality acrylic that can withstand up to 200Kgs
- The seat has an ergonomic design that is comfortable and stable whether lying or sitting.
- It is equipped with stainless steel hardware and expansion screws with safety buckles easily installed
- The seat allows 360º rotation with good pressure and weight resistance making it flexible and stable.
9. Surophy Swing&Hanging Chair
- The seat has a brilliant square ergonomic design featuring enough room to stretch your body.
- The handmade knitted cotton rope is strong but soft supporting up to 245kgs
- It is easily portable and easy to install for both indoor and outdoor use anywhere.
- It also includes a surrounding backrest and armrest that make it stable and safe for both adults and children.
- It comes with a one year warranty
10. CellDeal Hammock Swing & Hanging Chair
- The indoor hanging Macrame chair has a maximum user weight capacity of up to 120kgs.
- It is easy to set up by just hanging the solid ropes to poles and ceiling hooks.
- The seat is made of high-strength cotton rope weaving making it safe and sturdy.
- The cotton weaving making the seat is lightweight making it portable and easy to store.
- Material: cotton rope, iron hoop
11. Sun Lounger Hanging Chaise Hammock Swing Chair
- The lounger seat has an arc stand that makes it stable and sturdy offering you enough support.
- It has a canopy shade that is flexible which you can rotate to any angle or remove.
- The hanging chair is fitted with a soft padding cushion that is comfortable and relaxing
- The backrest is equipped with an extra pillow cushion that provides more comfort
- The stand is made of stainless steel which maintains high durability.
12. Verona Hanging Garden Chair
- The seat is made of a steel frame with PE Rattan to the egg shape seat.
- It comes in four separate parts that are easy to move and assemble.
- This chair is fitted to a strong stainless steel stand giving it a large weight capacity.
- The seat has a simple and elegant design with brown cushions including a neck support cushion.
- Approx 2.1M tall, the seat is approx 87cms wide and 115cms tall
13. MIADOMODO Hanging Chair
- The seat is fitted to a strong 210cm steel stand that supports a max of 120kgs
- It is fixed to the stand by with a rope allowing you 360 rotations
- The hammock fabric is 50% cotton and 50% polyester making it strong and comfortable.
- The light natural color easily blends in the surroundings making the design perfect for any environment.
- A spreader bar is a solid wood for support
What to look for when buying the best hanging egg chair
Before you choose the size of the indoor hanging seat you want, you should consider the space you have ready to be taken up. Look at the spatial footprint of the chair. If you want a hanging chair with a support base rather than hanging it from the ceiling, you should get the measurements of the sitting space before purchase.
With the wide variety to choose from in the market, knowing the size available to be used up will help you avoid buying a chair that is too large.
There is a large variety to choose from. Depending on what you want to use the chair for, you can get any size you want. If you are not planning on sharing your indoor swinging chair, getting a large indoor swing seat is not necessary. A smaller seat will work just fine.
When buying an indoor hanging chair, it would be best to choose one that can be easily moved to create a room. This makes it easy for you to use it as an outdoor hanging chair too.
Not only should you look at the mobility of the seat, but also, make sure it is easy to dismantle and assemble. Just to save you time and energy. The ease of moving the chair is another thing to consider. The good news is, a huge majority of indoor hanging swing chairs are easily movable.
It is important to check the weight capacity of the hanging seat before purchasing it to avoid unnecessary accidents.
The swing support should be able to support a substantial amount of weight. Look at the chain’s strength before purchasing the chair.
It should sustain at least twice your weight because you never know when you might gain weight. While most indoor swinging seats support 200-350lbs it is also important to check the weight your ceiling can hold if that’s your preferred design.
You don’t want your ceiling to be pulled down by your indoor swing seat.
Nobody wants to replace a chair after just several months. When buying a hanging indoor chair, look at the durability of the material used to make it. Resin wicker and powder-coatings are some of the most common designs that maintain the durability of the chair.
Further check for the stand or swing support to be sure. If you wish to use your hanging indoor chair outdoors sometimes, it needs to be highly durable.
The material should be able to withstand different weather conditions, like heavy rains and strong winds.
Whatever design you choose will depend on your taste and preferences. It can be a regular hanging basket chair or an egg chair or even a Hammock. Your choice of design should, however, be considerate of the space you have.
Some of the designs might be too large to fit in your house, or might end up taking up all the available space. Whatever design you settle for should also depend on the type of furniture you have in your house. It should blend well with the rest of your furniture.
Once you have this in mind, picking the right indoor hanging swing chair becomes very easy.
How much do hanging seats cost?
There is no standard price for indoor swing seats considering the wide range of sellers in the market. Each seller has a different price.
Besides the seller’s decision, one key feature that determines the price is the material and design of the chair.
Standard cheap hanging chairs will typically cost you about $200. Cheap hanging chairs made out of clothing are available at $30-$90.
Indoor swinging chairs made of rope also range at the same price. The best indoor hanging swing chair will cost you up to $900 or more. This comes with a glass cradle.